Say What?!? You mean it costs money to get this junk? Man, I ain't signing up!
Good. Unlike most groups on the Internet now, we are not interested in simply building a database of email addresses so we can bombard you with junk emails and solicit money. The first reason that we have a membership cost is that we do want to limit our membership to people who actually want to be a part of this.
Another reason for having a cost of membership is that we put a lot of time and energy into this project. Honestly, it would be nice to get a little something out of it.
The biggest reason is this: the loftiest goal of The Wilde Renaissance Co. & The Wilde Times is to fund a grants and projects program for artists and writers. So far most of the money has come out of the owner's pockets; that, realistically, can't happen forever. So the money has to come from somewhere, and until my money tree buds, that money will have to come from membership fees.
So, then onto the nitty gritty: What's it gonna cost?
Lifetime Membership: $15.oo
- This level of membership allows access to all member pages.
- 10% discount on all items purchased from TWRC.
- Exclusive offers, contests, and interviews only available to Members.
- Free copies of Dealings & Other Writings and Imp Daddy's Primer for the not-too-bright Adult until October 10, 2005.
- As a member, you will receive access to members only interviews with people of interest from all areas of art, literature, entertainment, and the sciences.
- As a member, you will receive access to art and literature not available in the free area of the site.
- As a member, you will have access to offers not available to non-members.
- You will also be able to peruse and participate in the donor/artist pair-up service, which is set to launch in January 2005. This service will match artists and writers in search of funding with people who have more money than they know what to do with. This will operate outside of any grants / projects programs which The Wilde Renaissance Co. will operate.
- And whatever else we decide to add as we go along.
The sign-up process has two steps:
- You will fill out a member form which will add you to our database.
- You will then pay through PayPal. Your account will then be activated, and you will have access to all pages.
If you do not want to use PayPal to activate your account, please contact Alex about other payment methods. Click here for the contact page.
Click here to sign up.